In this two-part series, Carter and Tim Green of Coats Rose, explore the financing power of adding a Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) to a public improvement district (PID) and what this combination can do to enhance a project’s overall capital structure and returns.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll discover in this two-part episode:
- What’s a PID and a TIRZ?
- How can the PID and TIRZ function together?
- What impact does the TIRZ have the project’s equivalent property tax rate?
- How does a TIRZ increase the bonding capacity of a PID?
- What can be funded by the PID/TIRZ?
- Why would a city want to provide a developer with a PID/TIRZ combination?
- Review the show notes to see an example of a project with just a PID and one with a PID/TIRZ combination.
I hope that you enjoy the podcast and remember to Dig Deep and Build Strong!Here are the more in-depth notes to accompany the podcast for today: Project DOS Podcast Show Notes
Complimentary Bond Sizing Analysis: https://www.launch-mpc.com/financing